Medeco I/C Mortise Cylinder
|Medeco® interchangeable core locks are designed so that cores can quickly and easily be changed by non-technical personnel by using a special control key. Locks can, in effect, be "rekeyed" without having a working knowledge of the lock or without having to take the lock apart. Medeco interchangeable core cylinders are available in a variety of different sizes, formats and security levels.|
Features & Benefits:
* Cylinders can quickly and easily be changed by non-technical personal by using a special control key which will remove the core from the lock housing. A core with a new combination can then be inserted and the lock will then effectively be "re-keyed". All of this can be done without having to take the lock apart which reduces the expense of calling outside service personnel to perform routine lock "re-keys".
* The 31 Series interchangeable core has a control/locking lug positioned at the back of the cylinder. An extra long key activates the control/locking lug. This eliminates the need for build up or control pins thus simplifying pinning. It also allows the introduction of interchangeable core cylinders into existing master key systems that were not designed to accommodate interchangeable core pinning.
* The 32 series interchangeable core cylinders have the control/locking lug positioned at the middle of the core. This provides additional protection against dent puller attacks.
* The 32 series uses coordinated cuts between the operating keys and the control keys which eliminates the need for build up or control pins and simplifies pinning.
* A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance.
* Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry.
* Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance.
* Solid brass construction provides high quality and long cylinder life.
* 2 year factory warranty offers assurance of product quality and factory support in the rare event there is a problem.
2 keys included.